Special Discount Vasque Men's Sundowner GTX Waterproof Backpacking Boot,Dark Brown,12 M US

Vasque Men's Sundowner GTX Waterproof Backpacking Boot,Dark Brown,12 M US





Show Price


I received this item about 6 days ago and am extremely happy with the item. I had an Vasque Men's Sundowner GTX Waterproof Backpacking Boot,Dark Brown,12 M US and I would never buy again. Up until now so great. Can't be even worse than the Vasque Men's Sundowner GTX Waterproof Backpacking Boot,Dark Brown,12 M US Also if you registered it on line you got an added 2 months guarantee.




Vasque Men's Sundowner GTX Waterproof Backpacking Boot,Dark Brown,12 M US Explanation


Men's Vasque Sundowner GORE-TEX Backpacking Boots The Vasque Sundowner Boots are mid-weight Backpackers with a reputation for comfort and old-school style, which may explain why they're as common at the grocery store as on the trail. These Hikers are also equally at home under the weight of a pack and on a usual day hike. More details: Waterproof smooth leather uppers; Vasque classic outsole; Waterproof / breathable GORE-TEX membrane; Medium density rubber midsole; Dual density EVA midsole; Supportive Bimodal 2 insole; 3-bar knit lining and padded collar for comfort; Each approx. 54 ozs., 6"h.; State Color, Size, and Width. Get yours now! AVAILABLE SEPARATELY: Women's Vasque Sundowner GORE-TEX Backpacking Boots - word search in our Store for 'Vasque'. Men's Vasque Sundowner GORE-TEX Backpacking Boots





Explore Features & Item Quality HERE


Buyer Awareness Right after Making use of The Product



two pair in nearly 20 years
I purchased my first pair of sundowners around '91. I still have them and use them for yard work periodically. The newer ones have not held up as well, but I still like the boots. I have had the second pair for about 9 years and have used them for climbing 14'ners in colorado as well as shorter day hikes. They are great boots, but the quality is not the same as the original Sundowners. The sole is of particular concern as they moved away from a vibram sole before I acquired the newer model. The sole has worn significantly and I have not used them as much as I did the first pair. In general it is still a great all around boot.

That said, I have changed to using hiking shoes more, and I have a pair of Vasque Blur's and like them as well.

Overall, the Sundowner is a classic boot. While I would recomend them still, my experience with the second pair makes me less of a fan of the Sundowner. There are other brands out there that provide similar quality...


Not what they used to be
I got these about a week before I took a major trip. I wore them everywhere for that week to break them in. I was hoping that would be enough. While on my trip (backpacking in E. Europe), I got terrible blisters on the tops of my big toes (where the top of the boots pinched them). Also, as others have reported the tops of the boots hit just wrong on my ankles. This is my second pair of Sundowners. They don't match the quality or fit of my first pair. After 2 painful weeks in Europe, I had to stop in a store and buy a pair of Nike's, just to I could walk.


WOW! what happend Vasque?
Ok...a bit of background: I purchased my 1st ever pair of Vasque (sundownders) just before a backpacking trip about 8 years ago. From the moment I put these boots on, they were the most comfortable things I have EVER worn. Right out of the box they felt like socks (I'm not exaggerating). I didn't have the time to properly break them in before my trip, however, as it turns out...no break in was needed. Flash forward 5 years, my trusty sundowners were still the most comfortable things I'd EVER worn...even as I dropped them in the trash (a tear in my eye) due to the fact that I had completely worn out the soles & one of the eyelets had broken. When I orderd this NEW pair...i was expecting a similar experience. WRONG! They look the same...they are still very light and seem to be well made. HOWEVER...after 1 very pain-full day at work (made the mistake of wearing them to work as soon as they arrived) and 6 days of casual use (to hopefully break them in) I am EXTREMELY disappointed. Even...







Blog Archive

Popular Posts