On Sale KEEN Men's Glarus Hiking Boot,Bison/Slate Black,10.5 M US

KEEN Men's Glarus Hiking Boot,Bison/Slate Black,10.5 M US





Show Price


I did have some concerns after reading some of the prior reviews prior to buying the unit. After using the unit now for some time I can say I've had no concerns and the unit has carried out flawless. We simply purchased this KEEN Men's Glarus Hiking Boot,Bison/Slate Black,10.5 M US, using the discount and the cost-free shipping. Made it the best cost on the web when we purchased it initially of this month.




KEEN Men's Glarus Hiking Boot,Bison/Slate Black,10.5 M US Explanation


You're ready for the long haul in the KEEN Glarus hiking shoe. Built to provide support and protection from the elements during a wide range of cool-weather adventures, this waterproof men's trail shoe has a full grain leather upper, padded collar and tongue, and lace closure for a secure fit. An ESS shank adds support from below and an external stabilizer supports the heel. Stitched-in KEEN ZORB Strobel lends extra spring to the already comfortable EVA insole, which can be replaced with an orthotic for greater personalization. The KEEN Glarus hiking shoe is finished with a non-marking rubber outsole that features 4mm multidirectional lugs and a large surface area for enhanced traction.





Inspect Features & Item Quality HERE


Buyer Reviews After Buy The Product



I Wear These Every Other Day!
I bought these boots to alternate every other day with a pair of Keen Pyrenees that I had owned for about 2 years. (The Pyrenees were becoming stinky, from wearing every day, which I had done for about a year :^O ).

These (and the Pyrenees) have been excellent boots. These seem to differ mainly in the surface finish, which is glossy and smooth on the Glaurus, rather than the matte finish of the Pyrenees. They are lightweight, comfortable for everyday wear, and good for the sort of hiking I do (I recently wore them on a hike up the Bear Canyon trail in Guadalupe Mountains, which is very rocky and gains about 1000 feet per mile).

They Pyrenees have held up to 2 hiking trips (~40 miles of rocky trails) and a year of daily use without serious wear - I see nothing from my shorter experience with the Glaurus boots to indicate that they won't be just as durable.


"Big Boy" Boots
I call them that because they're my first all-leather, (more-or-less truly) waterproof boots. I do long-distance walking trips, mostly on National Trails in England, Scotland and Wales. Because it can get "slightly" wet there, this seemed to be the right step and a step up at that. Keens are great (I have bicycle sandals, shoes and light hikers too) because they come with more room in the toe box, and that translates to fewer blisters and lost toenails. These fit, right out of the box, but being leather, I'm giving them a fair amount of break-in before my next trip. I gave them four stars ONLY because I have not yet trail-tested them. I like the lacing system, I like the support, I like the weight (not too heavy but heavy enough for rough trails) and I guess I just LIKE them. I usually buy Merrells or Salomons, and I looked at other Keens, but after extensive research, these were my choice.


Size 15 runs very small compared to other Keens
This shoe runs very small when you compare it to other Keens (and I own alot of them). This has a very nice finish to the leather on the uppers. The toe box is not as pronouced as other Keens and lots alot more conventional on the foot. The S3 platform is a rigid piece of "plastic" from heel to toe with openings throughout to make it semi-flexible. The bottom line the S3 platform is very rigid isolating the foot and reducing ankle twisting. Unfortunately for me the line ends at a size 15m. If your buying a smaller size I would recommend a size up --it runs small.







Blog Archive

Popular Posts